After working in the corporate world as a public relations and marketing consultant, followed by taking a hiatus for a few years to raise my children, I began searching for what I wanted to do with my life to find meaning and purpose. I was inspired to become a therapist because I found I had a knack for and found fulfillment in guiding people through their personal struggles. I have also fought my own battles, not always with ease, but with determination and hope. It's a great privilege to extend that spark of hope to clients, and walk with them on their journey as they discover their own inner wisdom and goodness, come to know themselves more deeply and befriend themselves wholeheartedly.
Education, Licenses & Certifications
- Master of Science (M.S), Clinical Psychology, Norte Dame de Namur
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) 87274
- Certified Mindful Self-Compassion Instructor, UCSD Center for Mindfulness
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT), Yoga Alliance
Trainings & Certifications
- Internal Family Systems Level 1, Paul Ginter and Mary DuParri, The Center for Self-Leadership
- Daring Way Facilitator Certification, Cynthia Mulder and Nancy Schornack, The Daring Way
- EMDR Basic Training, Gerald Puk and Cynthia Kong, EMDR Institute
- Mindsight Institute Trainings with Dan Siegel
- Making Friends with Yourself Teacher Training, Lorraine Hobbs and Karen Bluth, UCSD Center for Mindfulness
- Mindful Self-Compassion Certification Mentorship ,Michelle Becker, UCSD Center for Mindfulness
- Eating Disorder Prevention Training for Professionals, Elizabeth Scott co-author of Embody
- Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher Training with Kristin Neff and Christopher Germer, UCSD Center for Mindfulness
- Insight Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Powers
- Compassion Focused Therapy Training with Paul Gilbert
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training with Steven Hayes
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Practicum with Bob Stahl
- MBSR Teacher Training with Steve Hickman, Susan Woods, Char Wilkins, UCSD Center for Mindfulness
- Maudsley Family-Based Therapy, James Lock and Kara Fitzpatrick, Stanford University
- Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorder Trainings & Consultations, Deborah Brenner-Liss
- Mindful Eating and Conscious Living Teacher Training, Jan Chozen Bays and Char Wilkins, UCSD Center for Mindfulness
I believe that people possess inner strength and wisdom, allowing them to change and heal. My goal as a therapist is to help clients discover their true potential and lead a life of greater ease, fulfillment and meaning. My integrative approach to therapy brings together mindfulness, acceptance, compassion and attachment-based therapies to help clients gain self-awareness, insight, and new ways of relating to themselves, others and situations.
My Therapy Dog
Meet Walter! He is a 3-year-old Shih Tzu and a therapy dog whom I bring to work. Pet therapy has been shown to reduce stress, boost self-esteem, improve mood, and leads to better communication skills. Animals accept us as we are — they don’t judge and they don’t threaten — so clients can interact with them safe in the knowledge that there is no hidden agenda.
- Private Practice, San Carlos, CA (2014 - present)
- Cielo House Eating Disorder Treatment Program, Burlingame, CA (2013 - present)
- Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher, El Camino Hospital, Mountain View, CA (2014 - 2016)
- Yoga Instructor, Bay Club, Redwood Shores, CA (2013 - 2016)
- Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorders, San Francisco, CA (2013 - 2014)
- Youth Service Bureau of the YMCA, San Mateo, CA (2011 - 2013)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Santa Clara Valley Chapter of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (SCV CAMFT)
- Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorders (APTED)
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (iaedp)
- National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA)
- Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA)
Interested in working together?
Contact me for a free 15-minute consultation to explore your options for help.