Change Your Relationship to Food
Our relationship with food is a central one that reflects our attitudes toward our environment and ourselves. As a practice, mindful eating can bring us awareness of our own actions, thoughts, feelings and motivations, and insight into the roots of health and contentment.
Mindful eating is allowing yourself to become aware of the positive and nurturing opportunities that are available through food selection and preparation by respecting your own inner wisdom. You can change your relationship to food by:
- Using all your senses in choosing to eat food that is both satisfying to you and nourishing to your body.
- Acknowledging your responses to food (likes, dislikes or neutral) without judgment.
- Becoming aware of physical hunger and satiety cues to guide your decisions to begin and end eating.
Adapted from The Center for Mindful Eating
Online Mindful Eating Workshop
Do you use food to comfort, punish or numb yourself? Do you continually diet or restrict what you eat? Do you feel like you no longer have the ability to eat normally?
If you want to develop a healthier relationship with food, so that eating takes a balanced place in your life, mindful eating is for you!
In this experiential mindful-eating journey, you will have the opportunity to explore your relationship to eating and food. Your increased awareness and mindfulness will help foster balance, choice, wisdom and acceptance, and ultimately transform your relationship with food and the quality of your life.
The Mindful Eating Course consists of ten weekly sessions done from the comfort of your own home or office. During this training you will be supported with all the tools and resources you need to start a regular mindful eating practice.
- Week 1: What is mindfulness? Why and how to apply it to eating.
- Week 2: Hunger – What is it?
- Week 3: Identifying conditioned patterns around eating.
- Week 4: Emotions & body awareness.
- Week 5: Fullness & satiety.
- Week 6: Slowing down and pausing.
- Week 7: Food & mood.
- Week 8: Cravings.
- Week 9: Working with heart hunger.
- Week 10: Endings and beginnings.
Join a Workshop
No meditation experience needed. Training coming soon.
Contact me or join the waitlist for more information.